The Worthington Branch was opened in May 2017, so they are still relatively new to the Columbus Ohio area, but they are a team full of heart and personality! They are also one of Ruoff’s largest offices with 12 licensed Loan Officers, 3 of whom are Assistants, 1 Remote Processor and 1 Administrative Assistant!
"I love my team because everyone is so dedicated and passionate about what we do. We have helped so many families with homeownership, which is the true reward from this job. The Worthington branch is my second family and I enjoy working with them every single day!” – Eileen Howard, VP, Branch Manager
Being a part of the community is a huge priority to those in the Worthington office! The members of the branch often sponsor and donate their time at a variety of events to support other local businesses in their community. Here are a few of the things they have been up to:
- The Branch (headed up by John Menhart) sponsored a Thanksgiving Food Drive for our community last November with the Byron Saunders Foundation. They were able to help feed 4,500 families.
- Dawn Nijak is involved with the Hardin Clinic – Grace in the City. The clinic offers free medical care to walk-in patients on Saturdays.
“I am honored to be part of the volunteer staff at Hardin Clinic in the Linden area of Columbus Ohio. I serve in the reception area to greet, check in patients and make sure their medical forms are up to date. It is a Faith-based facility and everyone is invited to visit the prayer room for spiritual care as well.“
– Dawn Nijak, Senior Loan Officer
- Michelle Fry is on the Board for CMBA which has opened up several volunteer opportunities for the branch. One of which, she, Mary Shultz and Graham Nadler were able to teach a class on Money Matters. This is a volunteer program CMBA participates in with OSU Extension of 4H to teach kids how to manage money in real life.
- Eileen Howard regularly donates to Cause for Canines. This is a volunteer-based organization committed to rescuing homeless dogs in Central Ohio! There are many cute adoptable dogs on their list right now!
- Lexi Dorothy is a proud supporter of Relay for Life and has helped donated money and supported one of the local football teams.
- John Menhart along with Blue Tree Realty made 600+ meals for the non-profit group Lifeline. These meals were sent overseas.
- Jack Hammons and Eileen Howard purchased coats for a Salvation Army Drive in Indiana last December.
Michelle Fry and other team members sponsor Build-A-Bike each year. It is CMBA’s most popular event. Volunteers gather into teams and buy one or more bikes to put together as a team while socializing and and participating in a great trivia contest. Then once they are put together, the kids from Boys and Girls Club arrive and they each get a bike and a helmet (donated by one of the mortgage companies) and visit with with the volunteers.
“They are always so excited to have their own brand new bike. It is a very rewarding night and also fun with the trivia competition and being able to join other LO’s to work together to do something good for the kids.”
– Michelle Fry, Senior Loan Officer
The upcoming Build-A-Bike event for this year is on May 7, 2019! More information to come on the CMBA’s website!
The team is also passionate about partnering with other industry partners to do events and educate one another!
We have a weekly Sales Strategy Meeting that encompasses many facets of our sales department and includes speakers from outside sources. This helps us to stay “on top” of an ever-changing environment. Our primary focus is to increase our sales productivity. And ways to effectively communicate and develop relationships with our referral partners. Here are just a couple examples of ways they are networking with others!
- Eileen Howard along with Westport Homes, and Patriot Title are sponsoring a Self-Defense Class for realtors in our area coming up on March 5th! You can read more about the event and RSVP here!
- Ryan Miracle is passionate about educating Realtors on how to grow their business with marketing tips! He has a great library of youtube videos to help educate!
THE WORTHINGTON TEAM
This team is a group of fun-loving individuals who truly feel like a family. They strive for an environment where everyone works together 100% to make sure each person is a success. They have mutual respect for one another and learn from their many different experiences and perspectives.
The team has an impressive 150+ years of experience and brings a ton of knowledge and passion to the Columbus area! They were able to help 330 families achieve their homeownership goals in 2018 and look forward to helping even more people this year!
“This is a special group. It is fun to work with a team like this who genuinely care about each other, and what they do for a living. They operate as a unit, work to solve problems, and constantly look for ways to put people in homes. I am looking forward to this year as we are continuing to grow and make Ruoff Home Mortgage a household name here in Columbus."
-Jack Hammons, SVP, Area Manager
Learn a few fun facts about the the Worthington team members:
Eileen Howard is one of the most generous people you could know.
Jack Hammons is our avid outdoor sportsman.
Mary Schultz has the cutest twins on this earth.
Graham Nadler is also known as Gutter Gut (he eats everyone’s leftovers).
Michelle Fry has a very infectious laugh and is so good-spirited.
Ryan Miracle is the team’s “Video Geek.” He is always capturing the moment and keeping the team up-to-date.
Debbie Johnson can’t get enough chocolate.
Dawn Nijak is also known as MacGyver…..if you need something, she has it.
Lexi Dorothy has three amazing daughters. Lexi rocks in her community.
Jeff Lichtenstein has the most Loan Officer experience in our branch.
Jim Hockenberry is volunteer extraordinaire.
John Menhart’s family owns an incredible Italian restaurant.
Jim Babcock is the newest member of our team.
The Worthington team loves Happy Hours, knows how to have fun, and operates like a family. If you live in the Central Ohio region and would like to work with this fun bunch to achieve your homeownership goals just reach out today with their contact info below!